Nurses Errors and Medical Malpractice | California Lawyer Helps
Gerald Sugarman is both an experienced and skilled doctor and a lawyer. He is well versed in the kinds of situations that lead to medical errors in hospitals, clinics and other health care facilities. Many of the injuries that occur are caused by carelessness or negligence on the part of medical personnel.
When Doctors and Nurses Cause Harm | Free Initial Consultation | Call 800-657-1165 or 805-473-4739 | E-Mail | Contingency Fee
If you, your child, or another loved one has suffered undue harm as a result of a nurse or doctor's error, the law office of Gerald Sugarman is here to help you.
Statistics From a Journal of Medicine (JAMA) Article Report:
- 12,000 deaths/year from unnecessary surgery
- 7,000 deaths/year from medication errors in hospitals
- 20,000 deaths/year from other errors in hospitals
- 80,000 deaths/year from infections in hospitals
When Nurses Cause Serious Injury
Nurses in particular have a significant amount of contact and interactions with their patients. Unfortunately, they are often overburdened and understaffed in hospitals. The nurses work long shifts, juggling multiple patients and instructions from physicians. This is not conducive to caring, patient care.
Accidents and injuries that can happen that can cause severe injury include:
- Reading a chart wrong and giving the wrong medication that causes permanent and serious injury
- Overdosing (overdose) of a patient that causes permanent and serious injury
- Letting an IV run out with air getting into the tubing and going into the circular system or causing an air embolus and brain damage
- Failure to monitor a patient and call the doctor for immediate help
- Failure to act in times of emergency that result in permanent and serious injury
- Failure to suspect sepsis (septicemia) and have the physician start appropriate blood cultures, tests and appropriate medication that prevents serious and permanent injuries or death
- Failure to appropriately care for a diabetic that may result in an unnecessary severe infection or an amputation
These kinds of mistakes can lead to an entire life of pain and suffering. They can snatch the happiness and joy from a family. The cost of medical care can be astronomical in situations in which there is brain damage or permanent disability and constant care required.
Attorney Gerald Sugarman is well equipped to get to the truth of what happened. He is certified by the Boards of Pediatrics (FAAP) and Family Practice (FAAFP), and he has spent his legal career focused on helping the victims of medical malpractice.
Call Us Today | 800-657-1165 | Free Initial Consultation | E-Mail the Firm
Do you suspect a nurse error or doctor's mistake led to serious harm? We offer free initial consultations so that you can tell us what happened. We can help you determine whether there may be reason to file a medical malpractice claim. We represent clients on a contingency fee basis.