California Drowning Accidents Lawyer
Every year we read about people, usually children, who have drowned in swimming pools, wading pools, at beaches, on jet skis or elsewhere. When very young children die before they have really even had a chance to live, the tragedy is compounded. What if the accident was caused by negligence or someone else's mistake?
You may want to talk to a lawyer such as Gerald Sugarman, who is both a medical doctor and a wrongful death attorney. He can talk to you about seeking compensation.
Get Answers and Justice Today | Free Initial Consultation | Call 800-657-1165 or 805-473-4739 | E-Mail | Contingency Fee Representation
There are many reasons that people drown or suffer severe brain injury from near-drowning:
- A lifeguard who does not know how to perform CPR or who performs it inappropriately and fails to resuscitate a child who has swallowed a lot of water and needs his lungs cleared for aeration
- A pool that was not adequately supervised or a pool that lacks supervision altogether
- Adequate warning signs were not posted near a pool or other swimming area
- Lack of supervision of day care providers, babysitters, teachers or group chaperones
- Inadequate security or fencing of a swimming pool, thus allowing people in and exposing them to the potential of drowning
- A doctor not paying attention to the emergency when it comes in
- ER docs who fail to put the paddles on a child who is in cardiac arrest
- Pool personnel who do not call 911 fast enough
Seeking to Right Wrongs
When grave injustice has occurred, the law office of Gerald Sugarman is here to help. Our California law firm has been representing clients who have lost loved ones from drowning, clients who have suffered serious significant injury from near-drowning and clients who have suffered from medical malpractice since 1978.
Compensation for Medical Expenses, Lost Wages and Other Damages
In a negligent drowning or near drowning legal matter, we help people seek compensation that includes payment for medical expenses, funeral expenses, lost wages and other damages. Our firm is focused on negligent and medical malpractice legal matters, with more than 30 years of experience.
Free Initial Consultation | We Charge No Fee Unless We Win Damages for Our Clients
We can help investigate the events leading up to the trauma and help discern whether someone was at fault for the injury or death of a loved one. Call or e-mail our office today for a free consultation: 805-473-4739 or 800-657-1165.