Gerald Sugarman, M.D. FAAP, FAAFP, JD is board certified in family practice and pediatrics and has 30+ years of clinical experience in medical practice. He was head of neurology at Orthopedic Hospital for 18 years, where he had the opportunity to see hundreds of the most difficult child and adult neurology cases. He is a published author of many rare syndromes and of four books. 18 years after medical school and after testifying successfully in brain-damaged baby cases, he went to Law school and received his JD in 1976. With his thorough knowledge of both law and medicine he is uniquely qualified to assist you with your malpractice case from review to preparation for trial.
- Professionally prepared case evaluation and summaries of medical records
- Determination of merits of case
- Interpretation of doctors and nurses notes, hospital and laboratory records and blood gas data
- Chronology of significant events that transpired during the patient's medical care
- Determination of breach of accepted standard of care
- Discussion of causation and damages
- Preparation of demonstrative evidence
- Preparation of records for time efficient use by experts
- Evaluation of genetic, pre-disposing and pre-existing factors
- Preparation for interrogatories, admissions, contentions for trial and depositions
- Explanation of medicine and anatomy
- Obtain world-renowned experts
If you feel you or a loved one has suffered harm as a result of medical negligence and would like for The Sugarman Law Office to review your case, you may complete the following form and select the "Submit" button below to contact us via the Internet. We will promptly contact you by telephone or by e-mail. We do not charge for an initial consultation. Otherwise, you may also call our office at (805) 473-4739 or toll free at (800) 657-1165.
We'll do our best to answer any questions you may have, but keep in mind that with the limited communication this form provides we cannot obtain all the information necessary to provide legal advice upon which you should rely. You should not make any decisions about your case without a full legal consultation, whether it is with The Sugarman Law Office or another attorney.
All of the spaces on this form are optional, except for your name, email address, and the details of your inquiry. Those fields must be completed. If you forget to include your email address, we will not be able to respond. In addition, depending on your question, it may be important for you to let us know the state where you live or where an incident occurred. If you're interested in becoming a client of The Sugarman Law Office, please be sure to let us know in the large text field provided.